Pinot Grigio Rosemary Walnut Muffins
Featuring Pinot Grigio
When summer hits, a refreshing white wine like Barefoot’s Pinot Grigio hits the spot. Enjoy it with a cheese platter and crackers or hearty muffins – a favorite is with rosemary, walnuts and a healthy glug of Barefoot.
- 120ml olive oil
- ½ twig rosemary
- 1 twig rosemary, large
- 75g walnuts
- 310g flour, type 405
- 2 TS baking powder
- ¼ TS salt
- 150g sugar
- 175 ml Barefoot Pinot Grigio
- 2 eggs, size M
- 1 organic lemon, zested
- Heat olive oil and insert 1/2 twig rosemary. Let cool and discard rosemary.
- Remove leaves of large rosemary twig and finely chop. Set aside.
- Chop walnuts and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, olive oil, wine, lemon zest, rosemary and eggs with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture and fold until the wet and dry ingredients have just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Add walnuts.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups and divide dough evenly between 12 cups.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes in the middle rack.
- Let cool on a cake rack.